Emerging nanoelectronic memristive technologies promise to provide an alternative to the ubiquitous CMOS technology. CMOS compatibility, along with a combination of properties such as non-linearity, non-volatility and sensitivity to process variations, make this technology appealing for embedded security applications.
The technology offers novel hardware designs using memristive technology to meet the needs of modern cryptography components.
- Provides a low-cost and low-power alternative to the state-of-the-art by using intrinsic hardware properties and manufacturing process variations.
- Fast computation
- Improved security properties
- Can be integrated with other circuits.
Applications and Opportunities
- True random number generator
- Secured cryptographic hash function.
- Security applications such as digital signature and integrity validation
Business Development Contacts
Director of Business Development, ICT